We would like to welcome everyone to the 2019-2020 school year at Liberty Memorial Middle School"
I would like to take this opportunity to share some important information about procedures that will be implemented this school year.
1. Dress Code: Our uniforms are khaki pants, shorts, skirts with a red polo style shirt. The shirt must be tucked in at all times, a belt must be worn as well. No baggy pants are allowed and pants must be worn at the waist. Friday is spirit day. Jeans may be worn with their red uniform shirt, a Liberty Memorial Patriot spirit shirt or a FALCONS spirit shirt.
2. Visitor Passes: Parents are always welcomed to visit our school. Please stop by the front office and check in with the front office clerk so that you can get your “Visitor’s” badge. You will need to show us your driver’s license or other photo ID to get a visitor’s badge. Security Garcia and Officer Tamayo will be stopping you if you do not have a badge.
3. Student Release Forms: These are cards that indicate who is authorized to pick up your child during the school day, please make sure you fill one out. Whenever a child is picked up during the day, whether by you or a person you have authorized, a driver’s license or photo ID will need to be presented. No student will be allowed to leave without proper authorization or identification.
4. Electronic Devices: (BYOD) "Bring Your Own Device"
5. Grading Policy: Our policy indicated that Daily Work is 40% grade and Major tests/Assignments are 60% of the grade. Progress reports will be distributed every three weeks and six weeks and report cards every nine weeks.
6. Attendance: It is imperative your child be in school to learn as much as he/she can each day. If he/she needs to go to a doctor’s appointment, try to schedule the appointments late in the afternoon. Please make sure you send doctors excuses the day the student returns.
7. Public Display of Affection: Students are not allowed embrace each other, hold hands, walk with their arms around each other, kiss each other, or show any other form of affection. The first time they are caught they will receive a verbal warning and their parents will be notified. Any other occurrence will be subject to disciplinary actions according to the Student Code of Conduct.
8. Lunch Periods: We have three lunch periods by grade level – 6th, 7th and 8th graders.
9. Breakfast in a Bag: Students will be served breakfast in their classrooms.
10. Home Access Center is way for parents to gain access to view student grades.
We have excellent teachers and staff assembled at Liberty Memorial Middle School. I strongly believe that we have the best teachers in town! Together, we really can make an impact. We invite our parents and community to join our team, please visit our website at http://lmms.lfcisd.net.
If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please come by and visit us or call the front office at 956-233-3900.
Liberty Memorial Middle School
Campus Behavior Coordinator
James Storment serves the students of Liberty Memorial as Assistant Principal. He has been part of the Los Fresnos CISD family since 2018.
During his career in public education that began in 2008, he has served as 6th-12th Social Studies teacher, coach, and athletic director. Mr. Storment is beginning his 3rd year as Assistant Principal at Liberty Memorial.
Mr. Storment received a Bachelor if Arts in History from East Central University, and his Masters of Education in Educational Administration from Texas A&M University-Commerce.
Vanessa Rodriguez serves the students at Liberty Memorial as the Assistant Principal. She has been part of the Los Fresnos CISD family for 5 years.During her career in public education that began in 2015, she has served as a Middle School Social Studies teacher and has been assistant principal at Liberty Memorial since 2020. Mrs. Rodriguez received her Bachelor of Business Administration from University of Texas at Brownsville and her Master of Educational Leadership from Stephen F. Austin State University.
Dean of Instruction
Dymphna J. Canales
Mrs. D.J. Canales serves as the Dean of Instruction at Liberty Memorial Middle School. Mrs. Canales has over 15 years of experience in education where she has served as a 6th-8th grade middle school teacher and district technology administrator. Mrs. Canales earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Brownsville and holds a Master of Education degree in Educational Administration from Lamar University. Mrs. Canales is currently working on a Doctoral Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a specialization in Educational Technology from the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.